1. Reduce Sing-Use Plastics: Ditch disposable plastic bags, coffee cups, cutlery and water bottles. Opt for reusable alternatives made from materials like stainless steel, glass or bamboo.
2. Save Energy: Unplug electronic devices when not in use, switch to LED light bulbs, and make a habit of turning off lights and appliances when leaving a room.
3. Shop Responsibly: Support brands that prioritise sustainability and uses natural fibres and eco-friendly materials where they can.
4. Recycle Properly: Educate yourself on your local recycling guidelines. Consider composting organic waste to reduce landfill contributions
5. Go Paperless: Opt for digital billing and communication to reduce paper usage. When necessary, choose recycled paper products for printing.
6. Mindful Water Usage: Be mindful of your water consumption during daily tasks like brushing teeth or doing dishes. Small changes in habits can lead to significant water savings.
7. Support Local Farmers: Purchase locally-sourced produce to reduce the carbon footprint associated with long-distance transportation. Farmer's markets are a perfect place to find fresh, seasonal goods.
Join us on this journey of learning conscious living and sustainability.
With love and green intentions,
The 28 Eastern Team